Order import questions

remrem

I understand that to import a product into an order, you must fill out all the product fields in the csv file.

So for example some products have these fields on the order page

name, style, color, depth, width, height, quantity  ->product1

name, depth, width, height, quantity, hidden, hidden  ->product2

i wish to make a csv like:

product1,basicstyle,blue,5,10,12,2

product2,hidden,hidden,4,12,6

But..

On the Order page, the hidden fields get moved to the end, so I have to arrange the fields differently for different products.

It is okay, but is there some way I can download a file that has all of the company's products in csv format so I don't have to manually figure out each one?

I ask as a customer of a cabinet door company. I am trying to automate our ordering process, but it is tedious to use the 'orders/import/' page to figure out every single product.

Thanks!

It is okay, but is there some way I can download a file that has all of the company's products in csv format so I don't have to manually figure out each one?

Or perhaps there is an API that I can interface with to collect the information programmatically?

Thanks!

On 5/27/2022 at 5:14 PM, remrem said:

Or perhaps there is an API that I can interface with to collect the information programmatically?

Thanks!

As a service to our customers (upon request), we provide a sequential list of import fields for products that they typically order. But this is done manually (by us) for each product, so I would agree that having a way to download a list of import fields for each product would be very useful. I would not want this list available to anyone at large without restriction, but it would certainly be a bonus tool for internal product management and assisting customers that are seeking to import orders.